Tableau is groundbreaking data visualisation software created by Tableau Software. Tableau connects easily to nearly any data source, be it corporate Data Warehouse, Microsoft Excel or web-based data. Tableau allows for instantaneous insight by transforming data into visually appealing, interactive visualisations called dashboards. This process takes only seconds or minutes rather than months or years, and is achieved through the use of an easy to use drag-and-drop interface.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to :
- Quickly create interactive plots
- Build interactive dashboards using a GUI
- You can create visuals quickly and switch between types easily to find the model that best represents your message.
- Tableau defaults are based on best practices, so your initial result contains good color combinations and layout.
- The user interface is well-organized so you can customize the view with a few clicks vs. multiple menus, etc.
Services and Study Materials
- Study materials on Tableau & Interview Questions will be provided.
- Will provide important interview questions and precise answers while discussing corresponding topics in class.
- Regular Assignments in the Classes.
- Real Time Scenarios to be discussed in Class.
- Extra Scenarios will be provided for practice.
Tableau Course Contents
1.Introduction to Data Visualization with Tableau
Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about Data Visualization and Introduction to Tableau.
Topics - Why is Data Visualization needed, How to make sense out of numbers, Uses of Tableau, Installation, Architecture, and Features of Tableau.
2.Basic Visualization Design
Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
Topics - Exporting Data, Connecting Sheets, Loading into Tableau visualization engine. Making sense out of the basic visualizations like Text Tables, Bar, Line, Pie charts, basic maps and interpreting the same.
3.Visualizations Deep Dive
Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to make Advance Charts and Graphs.
Topics – Highlight Tables, Heat Maps, Circle Plots, Side by Side Bars, Dual Charts, Area Charts, Tree Maps.
Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to organize data for effective results.
Topics - Calculated Metrics, Sorting, Filtering, Totals and Sub Totals, Various Aggregated Measures, Percentages, Date and time functions, String Functions and logical functions, Data Items, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Bins
5.Playing with Time Dimension
Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to create Time based calculations.
Topics - Table Calculations, Moving Averages, Running totals, Window Averages.
6.Incremental Loading and Blending
Learning Objectives - In this module, you will be learn how to blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
Topics - Data Blending from multiple source systems, Custom SQL Queries, Creating Incremental Loads, Creating File Extractions, Parameters.
7.Macros in tableau
Topics -Parameters, Global Parameters
8.Sharing Insights with Enterprise Dashboards
Learning Objectives - - In this module, you will learn how to create dashboards. Understand the requirement and creating various dashboards, story boards, deploying your dashboards for the project..
Topics - Creating Dashboards and Deployment to Server